Thursday, March 29, 2012

Extract Exchange 2003 data

I have searched everywhere for an answer and seems I am either blind or there is no simple solution. Basically I have a need to report on data stored in an Exchange 2003 data store. There is mention of a OLE DB for Exchange 2000 but nothing for Exchange 2003. For example, A company report on time spent on various categories in a staff's calendar, etc. I would like to use SQl 2005 SSIS to extract and reporting services to report. Why is this so difficult? I come from a Lotus Notes / Domino background and there are numerous articles and ways to do this? Please can some MS guru please give me some direction on where to look?

Cheers

Damien

Damien,

Have a look at this Microsoft support page: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813349

It lists the various methods to access Exchange programmically and status of support. I used to use CDO for this type of access...

Frank

|||

Frank,

Once again this artile is date 2005 and yet still only mentions Exchange 2000 and 5.5? I am confused does microsoft not know that 2003 exists at this date?

Sureley there must be a relevant article for 2003? Anywhere?

Cheers

Damien

|||

Damien,

Try this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_exchserv2k_provider_extensions.asp

This is from the Exchange 2003 SDK. It lists relevant API's for accessing the Exchange 2003 store.

Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment