Thursday, March 29, 2012

Extract Data From A Table & Save As An XML File

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to extract data from from my Hit list and save as a file in XML
format.
I create a stored proc called it as stProblemClients
I wrote: Select * from clients where status = 'Not Dead'
I set a schedule stProblemClients to run daily so I canmonitor my contracted
jobs
I need the output to be saved in an XML format. Are there any small utility
out there? or any way pieces of code I can mimic?
Let me know if you need to resolve a non technical problem.
Grascia.
Vito Corleone
Are you using SQL Server 2005? Did you look at exposing the stored proc as a
webservice?
Or use FOR XML in the database and use Management Studio to take the
generated XML and save it into a file?
Best regards
Michael
"Vito Corleone" <VitoCorleone@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:982EE5DF-F39B-4582-8FB0-BC8FC324EB56@.microsoft.com...
> Hello Everyone,
> I am trying to extract data from from my Hit list and save as a file in
> XML
> format.
> I create a stored proc called it as stProblemClients
> I wrote: Select * from clients where status = 'Not Dead'
> I set a schedule stProblemClients to run daily so I canmonitor my
> contracted
> jobs
> I need the output to be saved in an XML format. Are there any small
> utility
> out there? or any way pieces of code I can mimic?
> Let me know if you need to resolve a non technical problem.
> Grascia.
> Vito Corleone
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment