Monday, March 26, 2012

External scheduler for reports

Hi, here is my problem:
Because of some usability terms, I need to use SSRS scheduler to determine reports creation frequency (minimum frequency is once a day)I need to use an external scheduler to SSRS in order to launch reports creation daily, after some other batch tasks execution that must be completed before launching report creation.
And I have no idea on how to do that properly. Can somebody help me?

Thanks!

Hi,

Reporting Services has scheduling functionality included by default. You can use both report based schedules as global schedules to update your reports.

To use schedules, you must make sure that your reports are using fixed credentials to connect to the database (so no integrated security).

You can set up the schedules via the report manager.

Greetz,

Geert

Geert Verhoeven
Consultant @. Ausy Belgium

My Personal Blog

|||Thanks for the answer.

I think I expressed myself in a bad way.
Creating my reports needs some batch tasks to be completed. These batch tasks are planed by a company scheduler.
So, my problem is that I want to be able to change report creation time (e.g. from 2am to 3 or 4am) with this company scheduler to ensure that all batch tasks had been totally completed before report creation starts.|||

Hi,

You can also create a .NET executable that creates the snapshot and then call the executable after the batch has been finished. This way you are sure that the batches are finished.

Greetz,

Geert

Geert Verhoeven
Consultant @. Ausy Belgium

My Personal Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment