Monday, March 26, 2012

External proc

Hi ,
I have used some of code in my applicatoin with
xp_cmdshell & osql . IF I have to decide not to use xp_cmdshell for security
reasons . is there any other way to do that .(to interact with OS)
Thanks
AjuAju wrote:
> Hi ,
> I have used some of code in my applicatoin with
> xp_cmdshell & osql . IF I have to decide not to use xp_cmdshell for
> security reasons . is there any other way to do that .(to interact
> with OS)
> Thanks
> Aju
Once option is to limit the access the SQL Server Service Account has in
the OS to limit any security issues with using xp_cmdshell.
You can create an extended stored procedure and kick that off.
You can create a job in the SQL Server Agent (programmatically) and have
it execute the SQL.
You can access the FileSystemObject COM object using the sp_OA* methods.
What are you doing in the OSQL script? Can this be something you can do
with T-SQL directly?
David Gugick
Imceda Software
www.imceda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment