Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Extra column in destination

I have worked with straight-forward simplistic SSIS up to now, so I apologize if this is a simple question. I have a SQL table destination that accepts daily data from an AS400 table. We now have a need to datestamp the incoming data so I added a new column to the destination table where I want today's date. Is there a data flow transformation that I need to use to default the destination column to today's date? Time is not a consideration and not needed, just the date.

Thanks for the information.

Use a derived column transformation and inside add a new column using "getdate()" as the expression.|||Thanks again for the help!|||

guyinkalamazoo3 wrote:

Thanks again for the help!

Yep, no problem. There are a whole host of other dates available for your use as well, if you look in the system variables list. System::ContainerStartTime, etc...sql

No comments:

Post a Comment