Thursday, March 29, 2012

extract database content

My server had the following main tool before the harddiak gone dead
MS Windows server 2003
MS Sharepoint Portal Server 2003
MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise
I already have a new harddisk and the above key software installed. Now
is to get the data back in place. The main data i had backup separetely
and wanted to restore is a .SPB file created using Sharepoint Backup
tool. I have since manage to use SQL Enterprise Manager to restore the
content of the .SPB file into a new database.
I have been trying to restore the data using Sharepoint Restore tool
but have yet to see any result. I am exploring other alternatives. One
of the alternative in my mind is to extract the content of this
database using any tools suitable. Most of the data in this database
are MS office document, PDF file and images. I am not familiar with SQL
database and hence not sure if there are tools like that readily
available.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice to get the file extracted
such that I can rebuild my system.
Best Regards
ChanHi,
just to close the loop,
I found a tool that works very well so far in extracting the files in
my databases. It is capable of viewing all the version history but not
able to retrieved them, anyway who cares this since I can extract the
latest files :)
http://www.sharepoint-france.com/Pr...ery/Release.rar
Best Regards
Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment