Thursday, March 29, 2012

Extract data from MS Access

Hi,
What are the various methods by which I can extract data
from MS Access databases using scripts (TSQL/ActiveX). I
know I can use MS DTS. But I'm interested to know about
other options.
TIA,
HariIf you want to bring the Access data into SQLS Server you can use OPENROWSET
or create a Linked Server and query the Access database directly. See
OPENROWSET or sp_addlinkedserver in Books Online for details and examples.
--
David Portas
SQL Server MVP
--|||Hari
You can use OPENDATASOURCE command
SELECT *
FROM OPENDATASOURCE(
'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
'Data Source="d:\northwind.mdb";
User ID=Admin;Password='
)...Customers
"Hari" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2de1701c46a4d$a3b57220$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> What are the various methods by which I can extract data
> from MS Access databases using scripts (TSQL/ActiveX). I
> know I can use MS DTS. But I'm interested to know about
> other options.
> TIA,
> Hari

No comments:

Post a Comment