Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Extra White Space

Hi All,
I've got a report that is set up with the Report Properties layout as
follows: page width = 8.5in; page height = 11in; left/right margins = .25in;
top/bottom margins = .50in.
When the report displays in IE7, there is a large white area (blank) to the
right of the report and it's full length. When I export as a PDF document,
this area seems to cause extra pages to be created in the PDF output.
Since I'm not sure "why" this extra white space is appearing, I thought I'd
post this here.
Thanks in advance!
Kind regards - FredHi Fred,
I've found, that meters of extra white space on the right side, before all
when viewed in HTML, are created when there are overlapping visible textboxes.
When textboxes overlap where one is invisible, there are also minor layout
differences, but never so dramatically.
Yours, Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment