Thursday, March 29, 2012

Extract data from MS Access

Hi,
What are the various methods by which I can extract data
from MS Access databases using scripts (TSQL/ActiveX). I
know I can use MS DTS. But I'm interested to know about
other options.
TIA,
Hari
If you want to bring the Access data into SQLS Server you can use OPENROWSET
or create a Linked Server and query the Access database directly. See
OPENROWSET or sp_addlinkedserver in Books Online for details and examples.
David Portas
SQL Server MVP
|||Hari
You can use OPENDATASOURCE command
SELECT *
FROM OPENDATASOURCE(
'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
'Data Source="d:\northwind.mdb";
User ID=Admin;Password='
)...Customers
"Hari" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2de1701c46a4d$a3b57220$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> What are the various methods by which I can extract data
> from MS Access databases using scripts (TSQL/ActiveX). I
> know I can use MS DTS. But I'm interested to know about
> other options.
> TIA,
> Hari

No comments:

Post a Comment