Thursday, March 29, 2012

Extract data from MS SQL Server 6.5 database to ascii file

I am trying to extract the data from our MS SQL Server 6.5
database to an ascii file. I need to have the data in the
columns enclosed in double quotes ( " ) and terminated by
a comma ( , ). Does anyone have any usefull information
on doing this. I am looking for a tool or a script. I
don't want to write multiple bcp out statements and I am
unsure how to enclose the data from the columns in double
quotes. Any information will be greatly appreciated."Susie" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:138b401c412b4$39088750$a401280a@.phx
.gbl...
> I am trying to extract the data from our MS SQL Server 6.5
> database to an ascii file. I need to have the data in the
> columns enclosed in double quotes ( " ) and terminated by
> a comma ( , ). Does anyone have any usefull information
> on doing this. I am looking for a tool or a script. I
> don't want to write multiple bcp out statements and I am
> unsure how to enclose the data from the columns in double
> quotes. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
You could try looking at DTS. Create a package with the Import/Export
Wizard, then tweak it in the DTS Designer
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.614 / Virus Database: 393 - Release Date: 05/03/2004

No comments:

Post a Comment