Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Extra page in print preview and .pdf

I have tried and tried to get my reports to quit printing an extra blank page but have been unsuccessful in my efforts.

I've set the margins in my report properties to (all in inches):

.75 - top

.5 - left, right, bottom

My page is landscape so the width is 11 and the height is 8.5

I've made sure my table is not wider than 9.5 - I've even made it as small as 8" wide to see if that was the problem . (I've done this for the header/footer as well.)

My report prints all on one page but I still get a 2nd page with header/footer information and a blank body.

I read a post that said to try making the right margin 0 - that didn't work either.

Additional information: I just saw a post suggesting borders around everything to see what might be bleeding onto a 2nd page.

One page 1, the full borders are there, so nothing should be bleeding onto page 2. However, when I go to page 2, there are no borders around the header, but the left edge shows on the right side of the page. Also, the footer is missing it's left edge, but the right shows. I've tried making both the header and footer smaller, as well as moving them further right - still get the exact issue.

I'm using the reporting services for Visual Studio .NET 2003.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Well, turns out it was the layout. Although my report elements were the right size, the layout was too big, forcing the margins over.|||

It is COOL that your posted your results!

|||

Hello - just a general comment!

I have eliminated the capability to export to PDF within RS in that PDF NEVER renders any ledgeable characters in my part of the world which includes:

Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Mayamar (Burma), Vietnam, Pakistan and Tibet and this also includes any dialect in Mandarin!

We just stick to a TIF and everything is always perfect -

|||

When you say your layout was too big, what did you set it too?

Just curious, since I was having an issue similar to yours although I might not have worded it as clearlyWink [;)]

http://forums.asp.net/1139722/ShowPost.aspx

Thanks

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment