Tuesday, March 27, 2012

extra blank pages when exported to pdf

anyone know why I'm getting an extra blank page after every page when I
export to PDF?I did notice something weird ... I click on the body of the report and try
to change the width 11(w) x 8.5 (h) (landscape report) and it always changes
back to 11.125. I can't get it to change. any ideas?
btw, thank you for the quick reply. I am in a rush for this.
"Mike Collins" <MikeCollins@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F73E92CC-0FBD-47CE-A284-554CE8FE5118@.microsoft.com...
> Course, I did not answer your question...directly. You are getting blank
> pages because something on your report (report width, a long field) is
> causing this and you are not seeing it by looking at the preview tab.
> "Emil" wrote:
> > anyone know why I'm getting an extra blank page after every page when I
> > export to PDF?
> >
> >
> >|||Please make sure that your report is setup as follows:
(Report.PageWidth - Report.LeftMargin - Report.Right Margin) >=Body.Width
Bruce Johnson [MSFT]
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Emil" <laserview@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e4r37RuhEHA.3016@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> anyone know why I'm getting an extra blank page after every page when I
> export to PDF?
>|||I can't change my body width
(Report.PageWidth - Report.LeftMargin - Report.Right Margin) >= Body.Width
11-.25-.25 = 10.5
Body.width = 11.125
No mater what I do I can't change the body width. Always goes back to 11.125
Any ideas?
"Bruce Johnson [MSFT]" <brucejoh@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:%23XvlCquhEHA.2340@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Please make sure that your report is setup as follows:
> (Report.PageWidth - Report.LeftMargin - Report.Right Margin) >=> Body.Width
>
> --
> Bruce Johnson [MSFT]
> Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
>
> "Emil" <laserview@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e4r37RuhEHA.3016@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > anyone know why I'm getting an extra blank page after every page when I
> > export to PDF?
> >
> >
>|||Make sure u have all the size of reportitems to the <= body width u want.If u
are not able to change the body size means these is
something(textbox,rectangle table etc...)that has width larger that the width
of the body u are trying to set....
blank pages are usually when the following is not true....for the width
Report.PageWidth >= Report.LeftMargin + Report.Right Margin + Body.Width
I hope this helps...
"Emil" wrote:
> I can't change my body width
>
> (Report.PageWidth - Report.LeftMargin - Report.Right Margin) >= Body.Width
> 11-.25-.25 = 10.5
> Body.width = 11.125
> No mater what I do I can't change the body width. Always goes back to 11.125
> Any ideas?
>
>
> "Bruce Johnson [MSFT]" <brucejoh@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:%23XvlCquhEHA.2340@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > Please make sure that your report is setup as follows:
> >
> > (Report.PageWidth - Report.LeftMargin - Report.Right Margin) >=> > Body.Width
> >
> >
> > --
> > Bruce Johnson [MSFT]
> > Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
> >
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> >
> >
> > "Emil" <laserview@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:e4r37RuhEHA.3016@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > anyone know why I'm getting an extra blank page after every page when I
> > > export to PDF?
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>|||I have a similiar problem - blank pages being generated when exporting
to PDF. However, I have checked my body(9.9in) vs report page width
(11in) with .25 inch left and rt margins. I think the problem is
related the way RS computes the vertical requirements of outputting a
report -- I have many conditionally hidden lines in a table group. If
I set the List height (4in) just large enough to contain the table, I
only get one page rendered when in fact two pages should be rendered to
PDF. However, if I increse the List height to (4.1in) I generate a
report of 4 pages for what should be a 2-page report with pages 2 and 4
blank.
Does anyone else have this same issue?
Dennis|||I am having the same problem - see below "DD" posting. Have you found
a solution to your problem?|||I was having the same problem (exports to PDF fine from VS IDE, but get extra
pages when I export to PDF from Report Manager). I was able to remedy the
problem by installing service pack 1 for sql reporting services.
"DD" wrote:
> I am having the same problem - see below "DD" posting. Have you found
> a solution to your problem?
>|||I was having the same problem, my fix was strange. In my report I have
detailed lines in which I wanted spaces to separate each row, to do this i
added an extra 2 detailed lines with no data fields on them, there height was
0.3cm, when I removed these emtpy lines or increased the height to 0.5cm the
problem went away.
"Jonathan Gordon" wrote:
> I was having the same problem (exports to PDF fine from VS IDE, but get extra
> pages when I export to PDF from Report Manager). I was able to remedy the
> problem by installing service pack 1 for sql reporting services.
>
>
> "DD" wrote:
> > I am having the same problem - see below "DD" posting. Have you found
> > a solution to your problem?
> >
> >sql

No comments:

Post a Comment